Choosing a new wardrobe can be a tricky task. You need to make sure the wardrobe fits in your bedroom, has enough storage space, works within your budget and matches the rest of your furniture.
However, once you learn about the various types of custom wardrobes, including their benefits and features, you can make a choice that’s perfect for you. Read on to learn about four different kinds of wardrobes and determine which one best fits your needs.
Built-In or Fitted Wardrobes
Built-in or fitted wardrobes are integrated closets that are custom-designed to fit your space. Some of the top benefits are as follows:
- Maximise Space: Built-in or fitted wardrobes can be designed to fit into any space, which is a big differentiator from free-standing wardrobes.
- Custom Configuration: You can customise the internal configuration of a built-in wardrobe to meet your requirements.
- Integrated Lighting: Choose specially designed lighting features that turn on when you open your wardrobe, making it easier to find clothing.
Sliding Door Wardrobes
Sliding door wardrobes offer a wide range of functionality and have become very popular. Here are some of the benefits of sliding door wardrobes:
- Style Options: With these wardrobes, you have many options for personalisation and style to suit your personal preferences.
- Multiple Applications: Sliding door wardrobes are versatile and work well in both homes and offices.
- Easy Access: Sliding door wardrobes have wide doors, so you won’t need to open and close several doors to get what you need.
Hinged Door Wardrobes
Hinged door wardrobes are considered the most traditional option. They also have a lot of benefits, such as:
- Easy Visibility: When you open a hinged door wardrobe, you have a better view of the entire wardrobe and the contents in it. With this, you can make a faster decision on what to wear.
- Add-On Features: The back of the door can be used either as an extra storage space or a place to hang a full-length mirror.
- Traditional Aesthetic: Hinged door wardrobes offer a more classic look within your bedroom.
Lastly, mirrored wardrobes are another great option, especially if you’re trying to maximise space and go with a sleek and stylish look. These wardrobes have the following advantages:
- Create a Bigger Space: Mirrors open up your room, giving the illusion of a larger space, even if you have a small bedroom.
- Multiple Options: These wardrobes can be customised to match your existing decor, with a wide range of styles and colours.
- Save Space: With a mirrored wardrobe, you don’t need an independent standing mirror in your room.
You’ll be sure to find a unique wardrobe that meets your requirements and provides the look and feel you desire.